Revolutionary Relating 8-Day Immersion Retreat
Led by Taber Shadburne, M.A., Creator of "R/evolutionary R/elating,"certified Master Trainer in Radical Honesty, & Founder of Church of Soul
Join us in the Hollywood Hills for an 8-Day immersive workshop in the art of R/evolutionary R/elating and Radical Intimacy. Learn how to get over the past, cultivate honesty, authenticity and connection in the moment, reclaim your ability to ask for what you want, and build a life of compelling purpose.
Let’s face it, we all yearn to give and receive love. We want richer relationships, deeper friendships, more closeness and community in our lives. We may even notice, in some quiet moments… that we’re dogged by a nagging sense of separateness.
And yet, when we look closely, we find that we, ourselves, are sabotaging the connection we want — with our own defensive conditioning, our old patterns of fear, dependency, and blame. We find that we are hiding from each other, fighting with each other.
How are we to drop this rusty armor so that we may, at last, see each other clearly… hold each other closely? I want to share with you a way I’ve learned to do just that.
I want to help you, as I have many others all over the world, to:
- Heal close relationships, with full-body forgiveness
- Let go of shame, fear, attachment to approval
- Open-heartedly share yourself and support others to do so
- Be completely and compassionately honest
- Go beyond blame and use conflict creatively
- Ask for everything you want, expanding your ability to give & receive
- Create deeper love, connection & intimacy.
Specifically, this intensive workshop will focus on the following:
Beyond Hiding & Fighting
- How & why we hide from each other, thus blocking the connection we crave.
- Why & how we get lost in our minds, thus losing touch with reality and each other.
- The main cause of all unproductive conflict… and how to solve it!
The Power of Passion & Presence
- The real source of suffering – internally, and in relationships.
- True meditation & how to make all of life, especially all the pitfalls potential of intimacy into a powerful meditation.
- How people usually (mis)use conversation to resist life, create more suffering, and stay asleep, unconscious.
- Recovering from our addiction to Dialogs of Distraction..
- The 3 N’s of Conscious Conversation.
- The 3 Languages of R/evolutionary R/elating, and when and how to use them.
- Letting go of our painful attempts to control (ourselves & others).
- Moving beyond all blame (of ourselves & others), beyond "good" and "evil".
- Achieving actual acceptance. and full-body forgiveness (of ourselves & others).
- Learning to truly Love (ourselves & others).
- Learning the Art of Asking for what you want... and offering freely… the healing and nourishing practice of giving & receiving...
I will teach, coach, and facilitate transformational conversation. You will do exercises & practice R/evolutionary R/elating... with each other... in real time... Read more about the workshop and see photos of the location here.
Taber Shadburne is a cutting-edge counselor and teacher of transformation who has helped thousands of folks transform their lives and their relationships for over 25 years.
He has led life-changing workshops in over 50 cities, in 15 countries, on four continents. He studied Zen for 10 years, lived and practiced at the Dharma Rain Zen Center, and has worked deeply with various spiritual teachers. He has a B.A. in Music and Comparative Religion and an M.A. in Counseling Psychology. He has worked closely with Dr. Brad Blanton for 20 years, and is the only person ever to be certified by Brad as a Master Trainer of Radical Honesty. Taber co-authored a book, The Heart of Healing: Inspired Ideas, Wisdom and Comfort from Today's Leading Voices, with notables such as Deepak Chopra. Over the last few decades, Taber has created a body of work he calls R/evolutionary R/elating, and founded the Church of Soul, in Oakland, California. Read more about him here, or check out what others have to say here.
Saturday, March 3 - Saturday, March 10, 2018: 10 AM - 7 PM
Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles CA
Cost includes 8 days of shared housing, all meals and snacks, and over 65+ hours of teaching and group work. In addition, your fee includes followup and access to on-going online community with Taber and John. (We're pretty sure there is nothing of comparable cost for this value out there.)
In case of financial hardship, payment plans and scholarships are available. Get in touch here.